Not long ago I read some news on Amiga.org concerning the 64JPX. This is basically a small interface that was designed to rejuvenate the way you play games on Commodore, Amiga and Atari compatible systems. The little piece of hardware allows you to safely connect SEGA Genesis/MegaDrive, Nintendo NES/SNES joypads and other controllers to your retro system, while improving gameplay with a number of on-the-fly selectable play modes.
Here’s a list of the features that I found on the official website:
- Simple to use plug-in smart interface
- Safely connect Sega MegaDrive/Genesis, Nintendo SNES/NES joypads, or other controllers
- Enhances game play with a number of on-the-fly selectable gaming enhancement modes
- Works out-of-the-box with Commodore, Atari and other compatible systems
- Provides diode protection to Commodore and Atari systems
- Direct connect to Sega controllers
- (via adaptors) Provides connection to other controllers such as SNES, NES, PC Wheels, flight yokes, 8-button joypads, and more…
ENHANCEMENT MODES: (buttons used depend on controller attached to 64JPX)
- Fire and auto-fire
- Racing – buttons or triggers for acceleration and braking
- Waddle modes – sports game left/right waddle simulation
- Creep modes – platform or run-n-gun movement slow-down
Sounds great, doesn’t it? 🙂 I’m definitely going to investigate further, as this is something that would be useful to me. I’ve got a couple of SNES controllers here that I’d love to use, but since I haven’t got a SNES console, I haven’t even tried them yet.
If you’d like to read more about the 64JPX, please head on over to the official website. 🙂
Anyone else tempted to make a purchase?