The HC 508 is a accelerator for the Amiga 500 with a fast 50 Mhz clocked 68k cpu, IDE controller, CF slot and 8 MB FastRam.
- 68HC000 CPU running at 50 MHz (100% MC68000 compatible)
- 40 pin IDE connector for HDD, CD ROM etc.
- Integrated CF card connector
- 8 MB Fast RAM
- 512k FlashROM for Kickstart
- Intgrated bootmenu for controlling all the above listed features
The HDD read rate is really great: with an IDE HDD it produces 4.8-5 MB/s, while the CF card’s transfer rate varies around 3.2 MB/s.
Here’s a picture of Sysinfo from the computer shop that shows its speed: