ACube Systems have announced a pre-order for a brand new batch of Sam460 boards! The board is called Sam460LE and is a bit different from the previous ones, since it has extra space for a double-slot graphics card. This is important, since the graphics drivers from A-EON Technology are getting better and better. With a decent graphics card the increase in performance will be high. 🙂
Now, without further ado, here is the description of the pre-order straight from ACube’s website:
Sam460LE (Limited Edition) is a PowerPC motherboard engineered and produced by ACube Systems and it is totally made in Italy.
The Sam460LE bundle contains:
- Micro-ATX form factor motherboard, with enough space for double slot graphic cards 😉
- MicroSD Slot at the rear of the board, so it can operated from the back.
- 1 backplate
- 7 USB ports
- Gigabit ethernet
- 4 usable boot media
- and more…
The Sam460LE supports 3 expansion slots: PCI, PCIe 1x and PCIe 4x.
More technical information at the following link:
Please consider this:
This product is a pre-order offer. The final price of this pre-order product will be 739 Euros VAT excluded (european countries should add 22% VAT).
People that will purchase outside the scope of this pre-order offer will have to pay a final price of 789 Euros for the same product (VAT excluded).
Pre-orders will be processed as follows :
– you can pay now 240 Euros (VAT excluded, see above), for a Sam460LE package
– we’ll announce on all social media when the production starts
– we’ll also announce when the production has been completed
– you will be asked one by one, to complete your payment (basically, the total cost minus what you paid as this pre-order)
– first payment, first served. We’ll ship in the same order we receive the remaining payments.
– in case you decide to ask for a refund, we’ll send your money back without condition.
Anyone going to pre-order the motherboard? I must say that it is great to see new hardware being made available again. Right now it is almost impossible to find new or second-hand AmigaOS 4.x compatible systems, so this should be welcome news to many. Sam460 also supports MorphOS, which is a big plus.
Thanks for reading and have a great day! 🙂
This is great news, I think. Too bad they didn’t announce general availability, and also frustrating to see that they support alien operating systems that splits the community.
[…] planned to pre-order a Sam460 from ACube System, but was quite surprised by the price of the motherboard. I was under the […]
[…] of February turned out to be an active one in the AmigaOS 4.x community, with the announcement of new hardware from Acube Systems taking the spotlight, but as we can see, there has been many interesting […]
[…] to the circumstances above, I’d guess that there is a very high probability that the Sam460LE boards will arrive before the A1222 Plus. I have recently sent an e-mail to ACube Systems asking if they […]
[…] ACube Systems announced that the Sam460LE is two months away from release. The boards will be ready just in time for the Amiga37 in Germany […]